We all see them, especially those of us who ride. You know them, the folks we notice riding bikes that go to great lengths to, unbeknownst to themselves, to get in harms way.
Today, I witnessed perhaps the most egregious example that I've ever had the unfortunate privilege of witnessing.
- a teenage male
- riding down a busy, one way, 3 lane road road - On the LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD
- rush hour traffic
- no helmet
- riding a clunker
- ear buds in his ears
- one hand on the handlebars
- the other hand on a smart phone - non stop texting
- head down and focused on smart phone
- weaving precariously between shoulder of road and closely zooming traffic
He might as well have put a single round in a revolver - spun the cylinder - put the barrel to his head and pulled the trigger.